A series of disobediences has led me to a dry spell in my walk with God. He invited and I declined, so I was left thirsty and weary. Here are a couple of stanzas from the April section of "Diary of An Old Soul" that spur me on:
10.
Might I but scatter interfering things--
Questions and doubts, distrusts and anxious pride,
And in thy garment, as under gathering wings,
Nestle obedient to thy loving side,
Easy it were to love thee. But when thou
Send'st me to think and labour from thee wide,
Love falls to asking many a why and how.
11.
Easier it were, but poorer were the love.
Lord, I would have me love thee from the deeps--
Of troubled thought, of pain, of weariness.
Through seething wastes below, billows above,
My soul should rise in eager, hungering leaps;
Thorugh thorny thicks, through sands unstable press--
Out of my dream to him who slumbers not nor sleeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage