Yesterday, for a brief staggering moment, I was overcome with heartache for sweet Graeme. I saw his smile in the small child, heard his words in the bigger child, lingered over his face in the photo, and fingered his drawings in the box. It was like a downpour in the middle of a sunny day.
Then I thought of those I know who have pointed their fingers or shaken their fists at God in response to their deep loss and I ache for them and the emptiness that must eat at them. How could you even take a breath if you felt that everything was against you and all you could count on was your own feeble and inconsistent strength? Lord come close to those who have lost father, mother, friend, child, love, hope.
The rain and sunshine give life; things grow and change and this Hope does not disappoint. Jesus said He gives abundant life, not a plodding forward through the days, not a dragging crawl across the years, but life overflowing, grace and peace multiplied to those who seek Him. Though I long to see this crumbling old world renewed and these griefs pass away, yet I will choose to praise and thank the Author of my life in every chapter. He draws near and He counts our tears and we don't need more than this.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls. (1 Peter 1: 3-9)
What a precious photo of Graeme! Thanks so much for sharing your heart.
ReplyDelete