30 April 2010

Claiming My Inheritance





Trembling and stiff, I poured out life into a mic, repeating the Spirit-led words of a six weeks' pondering. In the tangle of sentences and now-cried tears over past wounds a strange feeling crept over me: It was like the surprise of finding a treasure you thought was lost. I felt alive. My emotionless face was hiding the battle raging inside me between all that I fear and all that I was made for. With my final stammered words, I stepped away victorious, not because my words were fancy or profound, but because God's Word is Life and Power and He just had His way in me.



For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
(2 Tim. 1:7 NKJV)

This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who He is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance!
(Romans 8:15-17a, Msg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage