Tonight, I wonder if I should continue with my postings. What is their purpose? To talk about myself? To put my heart and family on display? What is gained by a few meandering paragraphs? I did not grow up in the church or in tradition, so imagine my surprise to hear the words of a catechism spring into mind: What is the chief end of man? To glorify God and to enjoy Him forever.
If I continue with my varied thoughts, I hope the result is sincere praise and thanksgiving to our God. I feel like a pilgrim, groping through the shadows, waiting and listening for direction. This mama stuff is hard and I fall so often. Fear entangles me daily and I am weak from trying to throw it all off. The Lord gently leads me with His Spirit and His Word, but I linger in distraction and arithmetic.
But Creation around me sings His praise and sometimes I see it. He redeemed me and that's no small thing. I could post that news every day and it should never get old. When I acknowledge His patient work in my heart or in my family, isn't that praise?
Is God glorified by these words of mine spilled on the page? If not, then I should be done with it. Push delete and don't look back. Some prayer is in order I think. If you read this, would you join me?
I have been praying that you'd receive clarity about this online presence. From my perspective, God IS glorified by your words here. Your words encourage others in several ways, also. Perseverance through this hard mama stuff. Looking closer at where we're at and where He wants us to go.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete