06 April 2009

La Capitana

As dangerous and potentially damaging as this information may be, I feel compelled to post about my most recent Game Night. For a number of years now, I've been 'gaming' frequently on weekends with the Hubs and our 'source', M. Caswell. I'm not talking about Uno or Pictionary here. I've been playing board games: games that require strategy, occasional deep thought, and sometimes a good deal of time to finish. Such descriptions make the situation sound very serious, but really it never is. Our gaming adventures are usually accompanied by copious amounts of sugar-laced snacking items and cream soda, which lead to (at least in my case) nonsensical comments and uncontrolled laughter.

In my defense, I find it necessary to state explicitly that I am not a LARPer. Though I have found myself in control of Greece, Rome, and more recently the Mediterranean, I am level-headed enough to throw off my titles when the game box is closed. This doesn't keep me from gloating over my victories, however.

On Saturday, I won a friendly game of El Capitan. Proliferation and frugality led me to a quiet victory over the Hubs and M. Caswell. There was no confrontation or battle, I simply outplayed them both, almost without trying. (It helped that they were locked in battle with each other; that always works in my favor.)

Here's the Hubs gearing up for the game. Notice the snackage.


Here are my bits of domination: 18 Warehouse, 3 Fortresses, and 20 Bucks.


Total Domination.


My Winnings: 175 Bucks (There's 15 tied up in bonds- not shown).


Bonus Spoils: 2 Sunken Ships.

1 comment:

  1. "Bits of domination" that's awesome

    Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a tongue, shriller than all the music, Cry “Ceasar!”—Speak. Ceasar is turned to hear.

    Beware the bits of domination.

    ReplyDelete

Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage