I'm not sure who originally coined that little nugget of wisdom, but it's been rolling around in my head lately. I'd like to say that I've been spontaneous and care-free with my time as a result, but I haven't. Mostly I've only been aware of the times that I'm pushing for that elusive end-of-the-to-do-list moment. I'm a "work first, play later" kind of mom and wife. Sadly, in my mind, the work never seems done; there's always something that could use some attention.
Over the holiday weekend, our family retreated to the Hub's parents' home on the lake (a tiny lake up north). There's not much to do there except relax and have fun, so that's what we did. I was able to spend some time on a couple of favorite pastimes: fishing and frisbee. We also played croquet (not one of my favorites). I suspect that my family might like to keep one of those croquet mallots handy to bonk me over the head when I'm neurotically postponing the joy.



Great pictures!!! I love them all, but my favorite is the one of you. You look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteI echo Jen's comments!
ReplyDeleteExcellent choice to present those in black and white.
Love the photo's also!
ReplyDelete