26 May 2009

Literary Wanderings: George MacDonald #6

These last couple of weeks have been spiritually busy. It seems that God has our family on a pretty sharp learning curve this season. Times like these are hard, but in the end I'm always amazed at the way God brings us through. I'm trying my best to be open to His work in me. Some of George's lines from the June section speak about the circumstances God uses to draw us to himself. Someone has said, "God doesn't waste anything." I hope that I don't either.

16.
How many helps thou giv'st to those would learn!
To some sore pain, to others a sinking heart;
To some weariness worse than any smart;
To some a haunting, fearing, blind concern;
Madness to some; to some the shaking dart
Of hideous death still following as they turn;
To some a hunger that will not depart.

17.
To some thou giv'st a deep unrest--a scorn
Of all they are or see upon the earth;
A gaze, at dusky night and clearing morn,
As a land of emptiness and dearth;
To some a bitter sorrow; to some the sting
Of love misprized--of sick abandoning;
To some a frozen heart, oh, worse than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage