14 May 2009

Remembering Graeme

One year ago today, our sweet Graeme passed away. I've posted some of my favorite photos of him below and I've also composed a small poem. I'm not a poet, of course, so give me some grace.







You laughed far away and I,
Unfree, caught just the last.
The sound broke into a thousand parts
And came knocking over my small thoughts.
My heart took up the melody and we danced,
Sometimes slow and sometimes
In great surprising leaps.
You led, I followed, stumbling and stiff,
Until we stopped, breathless.

O heart, take up that melody again;
Let the chorus gently push, pull, form, and mend.
The song is full and strong, but hidden
In a verse, a smell, a word.
Now tender, sticky and open
My heart waits to hear you laugh again
Where there is no muting shadow
And our sweet dance will find no limit or end.
















3 comments:

  1. Kylee,

    Your blog is saturated with beauty and grace!

    You are a wonderful poet and photographer.

    This is my first visit..I read you update on CarePages.

    Thank you for your transparent honesty. You are so encouraging!

    Give Jim and the boys a hug.

    Mike for the Rodgers

    PS. Looks like you were down here in Texas recently. Ya'll come on by next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos, Kylee. I'm sorry that I did not know Graeme. I'm praying that the Lord will ease your pain during this season of remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem is beautiful! It brings back wonderful memories of Graeme in a way I haven't experienced in a long time. Thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage