I love watching Ian run around in nothing but a diaper. It gives me that irrationally proud mommy feeling - like he's the most handsome baby to hit the planet and also an exceptional child for trotting in such a comical fashion. I feel especially fuzzy when he's running around in one of his cloth diapers. They are so soft and blue and cushy. He's adorable and (water consumption argument aside) I feel like a friend of the earth for reducing the number of disposable diapers (not) decomposing in the landfills.
Ian is the only of my children that I've put in cloth diapers. For the most part, I have loved them. I don't enjoy cleaning them, but I have definitely grown in my tolerance of 'messy'. I have always admired my grandmother's ability and willingness to tackle any mess she happened upon, regardless of it's source or size. Cloth diapers have helped me step a little closer to that ideal. It also feels good to have conquered the idol of 'convenience', at least in this small part of my life. I can do a little extra (sometimes yucky) work to align my life with my thoughts and convictions. Very inspiring.
Ian is the only of my children that I've put in cloth diapers. For the most part, I have loved them. I don't enjoy cleaning them, but I have definitely grown in my tolerance of 'messy'. I have always admired my grandmother's ability and willingness to tackle any mess she happened upon, regardless of it's source or size. Cloth diapers have helped me step a little closer to that ideal. It also feels good to have conquered the idol of 'convenience', at least in this small part of my life. I can do a little extra (sometimes yucky) work to align my life with my thoughts and convictions. Very inspiring.
This is Ian in his cloth diaper when he was just one week old.
This is Ian in that same cloth diaper at 16 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage