11 October 2010

Heart's Snapshot

Often the sentences and paragraphs can't hold it all. How do I put into words the turning in my soul as I watch the movement of purpled grass in the breeze? How do I give an account of the mixture of joy and grief that grabs at me when I see the familiar look of the lost child in the smile of his brother? And what string of words could convey the overflowing thankfulness for a life of blessing that I do not deserve?

Some pictures, then. The photos, too, fail to hold all the feelings, but they might add something...


Sorrowful fruitlessness and failure to abide and still He gently calls me back. Why do I resist?


Feet that tread on my heart; curious, adventurous, boyish love tangled up and knotted deep.


He grows and reaches for a faith of his own and oh how I pray he'll cling to the Rock; there's an unseen war surrounding him, Lord be his Shield and his Salvation.


The ache of being a mama: joy and sadness all wrapped up in a package and I just shake my head and smile because only God gives these kinds of gifts.


His steadying love that continues to my daily surprise and wonder and how I wish that I could be more for him.


God paints this life with His patient, loving artistry and I give praise for the beauty and color and who would have guessed that the smallest hands shape me the most?


Sunshine and lollipops and sometimes you have to squint 'cause it's just too much.



The one-foot-in-front-of-the-other irresistible pull of daily life and a Savior who says He's with me.

The smell of autumn and the peeking sun and the shhhhhshhhhshhhh of the grass all around. The creation gives glory to the Creator.



Friendship in blossoms and shared spaces and shared meals. So good to see her smiling and God's grace to me is new friends for new seasons.

Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually, "The Lord be magnified!"
But I am poor and needy; Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.
(Psalm 40: 16-17)

1 comment:

  1. Tender thoughts and photographs.

    My favorites in this collection:
    the row of treading feet,
    Ian's puzzling face in the foreground of autumn splendor (I'm curious to know where those photos were snapped),
    and wild grasses.

    ReplyDelete

Share :: Connect :: Inspire :: Ask :: Encourage